The world of cruises is truly worldwide today, with 29 different cruise ships setting sail on lots of 7-day voyages and other interesting cruises, including…
- Carnival Magic making its weekly 7-night trip from Galveston. This week it’s a tour of the western Caribbean, sometimes it’s to the Bahamas;
- Royal Caribbean’s Explorer of the Seas is departing from Cape Liberty (located within sight of the Statue of Liberty in Bayonne, New Jersey) for a 7-night cruise to Bermuda. Explorer of the Seas is scheduled to remain in New Jersey until next November, also making 5-night trips to Bermuda and 9-night cruises to the eastern Caribbean;
- ms Statendam leaves Vancouver today on a 5-day cruise to San Diego. And a 35-day cruise to San Diego. And a 66-day cruise to San Diego. Option #1 is a straight trip down the Pacific coast. Option #2 adds on a month visiting all the interesting islands of the Pacific (really, all of them). Option #3 adds another month touring Mexico and Central America. Just depends on how many times you want to visit San Diego. And how much cash and time you have to spare.
Looking ahead five months from today: You can celebrate leap year on one of the 31 cruises scheduled to depart on Saturday, February 29, 2014.
Not many cruises scheduled for today, but today’s departures include:
Looking ahead: Six months from now there are five cruises scheduled for departure on March 25, 2014, including a 5-day voyage from Charleston, South Carolina to the Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy. Nine months from now, June 25, 2014, you could be leaving on a 12-night “Imperial Jewels of China” river cruise on Viking’s Century Emerald.
It’s Tuesday September 24, 2013 and there are only 7 cruise ships heading outward today, but that includes a couple of interesting 12-night voyages:
- Holland America’s ms Nieuw Amsterdam leaves Venice today on a 12-day trip around Italy’s “heel” and “toe” on the way to Barcelona, with stops in Croatia, Corfu, Naples, Civitavecchia (near Rome), Livorno (near Florence), Monte-Carlo and Marseille;
- Oceania’s Regatta begins a 12-night trip from Montreal to New York, stopping at a bunch of much smaller towns like Corner Brook, Newfoundland; Sydney, Nova Scotia; Rockland, Maine and Newport, Rhode Island.
Looking ahead six months and one year: Costa Pacifica’s 7-night Mediterranean round-trip cruise from Barcelona is one of 17 cruises scheduled to begin on March 24, 2014. Twelve cruises begin on Wednesday, September 24, 2014.
There are 14 cruise ships departing from ports all over the world today, including a couple leaving Los Angeles on extended voyages…
- Three days ago we told you about ms Amsterdam leaving Vancouver and today it’s leaving Los Angeles on cruises across and around the Pacific Ocean in your choice of 21-night (ending in Kobe, Japan), 29-night (to Hong Kong), 35-night (to Singapore) or 72-night varieties (coming all the way back to LA via a bunch of South Pacific islands);
- Norwegian Sun continues its repositioning cruise to Miami, which started a week ago in Vancouver;
- Big and popular Celebrity Solstice departs from Ensenada, Mexico on an 11-day trip to Honolulu, which includes several days of circling the Hawaiian islands.
Looking six months and one year ahead: There are 37 cruises scheduled for Sunday March 23, 2014 including 28 different week-long voyages with destinations as varied as the Mexican Riviera and the Danube River. Even further out, there will be at least 14 cruises leaving on Tuesday September 23, 2014.
It’s Sunday September 22, 2013 and our crystal ball shows 27 cruises departing today, including:
Looking ahead six months and one year: That same crystal ball says there will be 37 cruises sailing on Saturday March 22, 2014 and a 28-night cruise from Copenhagen to Miami (via northern Europe) is just one of the 20 cruises scheduled for Monday September 22, 2014.
It’s a reasonably big Saturday, with 34 ships departing today. Many of today’s cruises are of the week-long variety, including:
Looking six months and one year ahead: our schedule currently shows 20 cruise ships starting voyages on Friday March 21, 2014 and 43 cruises beginning on Sunday September 21, 2014.
We hope you’re one of the lucky thousands who are starting a cruise today. If not, feel free to consider today’s 14 cruises inspiration for your next cruise vacation. Today’s departures include:
- ms Amsterdam beginning an extended cruise in Vancouver that will visit just about every island in the Pacific Ocean before ending in Los Angeles 75 days from now. (It’s also offered as a 32-night cruise that ends in Hong Kong.) Lucky cruisers will be visiting Hawaii, Guam, Japan, Hong Kong, Okinawa, Singapore, Brunei, Fiji and Tahiti – and that’s just a partial list;
- Viking River Cruises likes to have two ships start at opposite ends of an itinerary on the same day: Today’s pairing has Viking Atla departing from Amsterdam on a 7-night Rhine Getaway to Basel, Switzerland, while Viking Jarl starts in Basel heading toward Amsterdam;
- as it does several times a month, Carnival Inspiration is starting a 3-night weekend trip from the port in Long Beach to Ensenada, Mexico and back.
Looking six months and one year ahead: We currently know about 14 cruises scheduled for Thursday March 20, 2014 and 53 ships set for departure on Saturday September 20, 2014.